Company OverviewNIG Nutritionals Limited, part of the New Image Group of companies since 1984, has been at the forefront of dairy based nutrition for over 30 years to deliver our promise of safe and high quality nutritional products.
NIG Nutritionals is proud of its pioneering spirit and New Zealand heritage, placing it as a leading innovator, manufacturer, export and recipient of multiple export, business and science and technology awards.
Using innovative technologies and ingredients backed by science, we aim to enhance the health and wellbeing of people throughout the world.
HistoryIn 1984, after the loss of his father, mother and brother to cancer, respected New Zealander and entrepreneur Graeme Clegg founded NIG Nutritionals. He pioneered dairy-based health products and NIG Nutritionals grew to leverage the power of bovine colostrum and other natural ingredients. Graeme’s mission remains – to bring health and wellbeing to people around the world.
Over the past 31 years, NIG Nutritionals has changed greatly. The purchase of a number of processing facilities in the Auckland region of New Zealand has enabled us to expand our product range from ten to more than 100. A series of business partnerships and acquisitions has seen NIG Nutritionals progress to the forefront of innovation and technology in the nutritional products sector.
NIG Nutritionals TodayNIG Nutritionals is a New Zealand company at heart, sourcing only the best milk from across the country and maintaining its head office, dairy processing facility, manufacturing premises, packaging plant and laboratory in the Auckland region. NIG Nutritionals is proud to call New Zealand home.
We have a range of customised products exported to customers in China, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, the Middle East and Trinidad and Tobago.
New Image Group also has a wholly-owned division called New Image Asia which markets similar high-quality nutritional products in the direct-selling space.
AwardsAt New Image we are proud of our recent successes:
- We received the 2009 Deloitte New Zealand Fast 50 award, as one of the fastest growing fifty companies in New Zealand
- We received the 2009 Deloitte award for the fastest growing retail or consumer products business in Auckland and the Upper North Island
- We received the Natural Products New Zealand (NPNZ) 2009 Exporter of the Year Award Associate company Somnaceutics received NPNZ 2009 Cawthron Innovation in Science & Technology Award
- We were a finalist for the Air New Zealand Cargo 2010 Auckland Export Award
- Winner of the 2012 Cawthron Institute Innovation in Science & Technology Award
- A finalist in the 2013 New Zealand International Business Awards –Best International Business Category
- Finalist in the 2013 New Zealand International Business Awards –Most Innovative Business Category
- Winner of the 2015 Frost & Sullivan Best Practice in New Zealand Nutritional Product Company of the Year.
- Finalist in the 2015 Air NZ Cargo Auckland Export Award – BDO Food & Beverage Exporter of the Year Award
- Finalist in the “Best Large Business” category in the New Zealand International Business Awards 2016
- Finalist in the “Export or Import” category in the NZTCA China Business Awards 2017.